When we lived overseas, peanut butter was always a hot commodity. If you had visitors, you always asked them to bring a few jars because, if you even had peanut butter in your country, it came at a HIGH cost.
One of the treats we always made with our PB was No Bake Cookies. Yummy. Delicious. And not a bit of anything good in them for you… but sometimes that’s the best part, right? 🙂
What You’ll Need for No Bake Cookies:
- 1/2 C. milk
- 2 C. white sugar
- 1/2 C. cocoa
- 1 stick butter
- 2 T. vanilla
- 3 C. instant oatmeal
- 1/2 C. peanut butter
- Spoon or dough scoop
Directions for No Bake Cookies:
1. Put butter, milk, sugar and cocoa in a pan on medium heat.
2. Cook on stove until it comes to a boil.
3. When it comes to a RAPID boil, set your timer for 3 minutes.
4. Let the mixture cook for those 3 minutes (this timing is important) and stir occasionally or constantly, so it doesn’t burn on the bottom of the pan.
5. Once your 3 minutes is up, take off heat.
6. Stir in peanut butter, vanilla, and oatmeal until well integrated.
–For FLATTER cookies, spoon into circles on foil while the mixture is still fairly runny.
–For PUFFIER/ROUNDED cookies, keep mixing for an extra 30-60 seconds, then spoon into circles on your foil.
*I like to use the dough scoop, as it helps keep cookie size uniform (plus it’s less messy!)
7. Wait for cookies to cool off and harden (15-20 minutes), then pack up or start snacking.
YIELD: 24ish cookies (pending on size)
**You may want to double the recipe as these go really quick in our house!