I’m always looking for breakfast options that are easy for the littles. And eggs are one that both my 4 year old and 1 year old love.
I had a friend who always scrambled her children’s eggs in a skillet on the stove. One day I told her how I microwave my eggs and she said her breakfast routine was revolutionized with these quick and easy eggs.
So here’s what I do…and in under 3 minutes I’ve got breakfast on the table! And they usually ask for seconds!
What You’ll Need:
- Small bowl
- Dash of milk
- Dash of shredded cheese
1. Crack 2-3 eggs in a small, shallow bowl. (I used these and it is the perfect size.)
2. Whisk briskly with a fork — adding a dash of milk and cheese, if desired.
3. Place bowl in microwave and cook for 1min 30seconds on 90% power.
4. If the eggs aren’t cooked all the way, you may need to flip the eggs and cook for a bit longer. (Add 15 seconds at a time.)
5. Remove eggs from the microwave and invert the eggs onto a plate.
6. Cut the eggs into a portions and allow to cool a bit. (Sometimes I put mine in the fridge to speed up the cooling process.)
7. Serve on a plate (or high chair tray) and let your little ones enjoy these quick and easy eggs!