Need a cute (and easy) dessert to bring for your Easter gathering Saturday or Sunday? How about a easter bunny cake? For who knows how long, me and my mom have always made a bunny cake for Easter weekend. I don’t remember how the tradition started or where we heard about it, but tuh-dah — it’s a family tradition.
To make the cake all you need is:
– Boxed cake mix (or homemade recipe) of ANY flavor of your choosing
– Frosting (from a can or homemade) — whatever color you want your bunny to be
– Shredded Coconut (optional)
– 2 round cake pans
– a rectangular tray for plating the cake (long enough to fit both diameters of your round cake pans)
– Candy for decor
– whiskers – black licorice rope, mini chocolate chips, OR black icing
– other decor – jelly beans, sprinkles, whatever other candy you want to use
1. First, bake your 2 round cakes according to the directions of the recipe. Let cool.
2. Set one cake aside and cut the other one following the picture below.
3. The cuts you just made will comprise the ears and the bow tie.
4. Place the cakes on your tray so that you have the bow tie at the bottom, followed by the head, and the ears at the top of the tray.
5. Frost the cake.
6. If you desire, sprinkle the bunny with coconut. (I’m not a fan of coconut, so I skip this step)
7. Decorate the bunny letting your imagination lead you.
8. Take a picture and have fun!